G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme processes personal data (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”) concerning you in the context of the use of this website (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”).
As a data controller, we respect your privacy and protect the personal data of the users of our Site.
The purpose of this policy is to inform you of the methods of collection, processing and use of Your Personal Data and of your rights in terms of the protection of personal data with regard to the applicable provisions on the subject, in particular Law 78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to information technology, files and freedoms known as “Informatique et libertés” in its latest version and with the RGPD (General Data Protection Regulation) in application since May 25, 2018.
Article 1 – Scope of this personal data protection policy
This Policy sets out the principles and guidelines for the protection of Your Personal Data, which includes Personal Data collected on – or via – the Site.
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme collects Personal Data (online, including by e-mail, or offline); this policy applies regardless of the mode of collection or processing.
The notion of Personal Data refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. A person is “identifiable” when he or she can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more elements that are specific to him or her.
Non-Personal Data” is information that does not allow a person to be identified.
Article 2 – Places where Personal Data is stored
All Personal Data is stored exclusively in France, by our web hosting provider:
Name: IRIS Interactive
Address: 4 rue du Pensionnat Notre Dame de France – 43000 LE PUY EN VELAY (Head office)
Mail: [email protected]
Article 3 – Data controller
The person responsible for processing Your Personal Data is: [email protected]; certain technical services (hosting, tourist data management) are entrusted to our technical service providers IRIS Interactive, OVH and Apidae. In accordance with Article 28 of the RGPD, this service provider is bound by a strict confidentiality clause prohibiting any use of the data entrusted to it that is not provided for in the service contract and requiring it to implement technical and organizational measures that meet security and personal data protection requirements.
Article 4 – Collected data
Personal Data may include the following:
- Identity: title, surname, first name, address, telephone number (landline and/or mobile), fax number, e-mail addresses, date of birth, profession, internal processing code enabling customer identification;
- Data relating to the follow-up of the commercial relationship: documentation requests, trial requests, product purchased, service or subscription subscribed to, quantity, amount, frequency, delivery address, purchase and service history, product returns, origin of the sale (seller, representative, partner, affiliate) or order, correspondence with the customer and after-sales service, exchanges and comments from customers and prospects, person(s) in charge of customer relations;
- Invoice payment data: terms of payment, discounts granted, receipts, balances and unpaid invoices;
- Data relating to the selection of persons for loyalty-building, canvassing, surveys, product testing and promotional activities;
- Data relating to the organization and processing of competitions, lotteries and any promotional operation, such as the date of participation, the answers given to competitions and the nature of the prizes offered;
- Data relating to the contributions of people who post opinions on products, services or content, in particular their pseudonym;
- Data collected as part of the Tahiti Specialist Program.
And any other Personal Data that may be relevant for the purposes set out below.
Note to visitors and users of the Site: certain functions and features of the Site can only be used if You provide G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme with certain Personal Data when You visit or use the Site. You are free to choose whether or not to provide all or part of Your Personal Data.
However, if You choose not to provide them, such a decision may prevent the achievement or satisfactory achievement of the objectives described below, certain services and features of the Site may not function properly and/or You will be denied access to certain pages of the Site.
Cookies and other trackers
Cookies may be permanent (and remain after You log out of the Site in order to be used during Your subsequent visits to the Site) or temporary (and disappear as soon as You log out of the Site).
- enabling a service to recognize Your hardware, so You won’t have to provide the same information multiple times in order to perform the same task;
- recognizing the username and password You have already provided, so You don’t have to provide them again on every web page that requests them.
- measure the number of users of the services, thus making them easier to use and ensuring their ability to respond quickly to Your requests;
- to help G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme understand how users interact with the services in order to improve them.
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme may also use the services of third-party service providers to perform services on its behalf, and in particular to :
- analyze Your browsing habits and measure the audience for the Sites and Applications;
- analyze Your centers of interest and provide You with targeted marketing or advertising offers;
- enable You to share the content of the Sites and Applications with other people on social networks, or to let these other people know what You are looking at or what You think (e.g. the “Like” button on Facebook).
In this case, invisible “pixels” and cookies supplied by these third-party service providers may be used and stored. When transmitting the information generated by these cookies, the cookie settings ensure that the IP address is anonymized before geolocation and storage. Our service providers will use this information to evaluate Your use of the Site, to prepare reports on the activity of the Site for G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme, and to offer You better services and advertising targeted to Your needs. They will not associate your IP address with any other of their data.
When you browse the Site, cookies are enabled by default and data may be read or stored locally on your hardware. You will be notified the first time you receive a cookie, and can decide whether or not to accept it. By continuing to use the Sites, You expressly accept the use of such cookies by G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme.
You may also configure Your browser to refuse all cookies (including those used for audience measurement purposes). However, if this is the case, certain functions and features of the Site may not function correctly and You may not be able to access certain parts or services of the Site.
If you wish to modify or delete your information, please refer to Article 8: Your rights.
You can access your cookie management panel to set the parameters for depositing and reading cookies.
By data type :
- Personal data (surname, first name, postal address, etc.): max. 3 years ;
- Connection data: max. 3 years ;
- Location data = 48h ;
We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as is necessary and proportionate to the purpose for which it was collected, i.e. for a maximum of 3 years from the last time you interacted with us on your own initiative.
Beyond the above-mentioned periods, your data will be purely deleted or anonymized.
Article 5 – Purpose of personal data collection
As indicated above, You provide Your Personal Data on a voluntary basis.
Personal Data is generally collected for the needs of G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme’s business, such as improving G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme’s marketing and advertising efforts, better adapting G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme’s products and services to customers’ needs or complying with the reporting obligations provided for by law, and other similar activities.
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme collects and uses your Personal Data for the purposes of its business and in particular for the following purposes:
We process your data in whole or in part for the purposes of:
- inform you about our events and those of our partners, and enable you to take part in them;
- send you our communications (newsletter, catalogs, etc.);
- offer you information about the destination;
- enable you to learn about the destination;
- give you access to our brand center;
- offer you our products and services or introduce you to those of our partners;
- enable you to access our website and take part in our competitions;
- to enable us to carry out analyses and studies relating to our products and services and to website traffic.
Subject to applicable local legislation, by providing Your e-mail address, You expressly authorize G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme to use it together with other Personal Data useful for sending You commercial or marketing messages.
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme may also use Your e-mail address for administrative or other non-marketing purposes (for example, to notify You of important changes to the Site).
Article 6 – Conditions for processing and storing personal data
The “processing” of Personal Data includes, in particular, the use, storage, recording, transfer, adaptation, analysis, modification, declaration, sharing and destruction of Personal Data as necessary under the circumstances or as required by law.
All Personal Data collected is kept for a limited period of time, depending on the purpose of the processing, and only for as long as required by applicable legislation.
All Personal Data collected is stored in Metropolitan France.
Article 7 – Links to websites not controlled by G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme
The Site may provide links to third-party websites that may be of interest to You.
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme has no control over the content of third party sites or over the practices of these third parties with regard to the protection of the Personal Data they may collect. Consequently, G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme declines all responsibility concerning the processing by these third parties of Your Personal Data. It is your responsibility to inform Yourself about the personal data protection policies of these third parties.
Article 8 – Transfer of personal data
Your Personal Data may be disclosed within G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme for the purposes set out in Article 3 of this Policy.
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme may transfer Your Personal Data outside the European Union, provided that it ensures, prior to transfer, that entities outside the European Union offer an adequate level of protection, in accordance with applicable European legislation.
If G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme learns that a third party to whom G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme has communicated Personal Data for the purposes set out in Article 3 above, is using or disclosing Personal Data in breach of this Policy or in violation of applicable law, G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme will take all reasonable steps to prevent or stop such use or disclosure.
You also have the right to authorize or not G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme to use Your Personal Data for a purpose other than those for which such Personal Data were initially collected. You may object to such use by referring to Article 8 below.
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme may also transfer Your Personal Data to third parties if G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme considers that such a transfer is necessary for technical reasons (for example, for hosting services by a third party) or to protect its legal interests (for example, in the event of the sale of assets to a third party company, a change of control or the total or partial liquidation of G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme ).
In addition, G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme may share Your Personal Data with the reseller on whose behalf You depend or assigned to the territory in which You are located for the purposes of G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme’s business. G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme may also share your Personal Data with commercial partners when G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme and the commercial partner jointly sponsor an event or participate together in a marketing promotion in which You engage.
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme may disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or if G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme believes in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (for example, a warrant, subpoena or other court order) or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme, our customers or the public.
If permitted by applicable law, G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme may also share Your Personal Data with third parties in order to provide You with targeted marketing or advertising offers.
These transfers may take place over the Internet or by any other method deemed appropriate by G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme in accordance with applicable legislation and G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme’s internal Group security policies.
Article 9 – Your rights
Your right to access and rectify your data
You have the right to access and rectify your personal data.
You can ask us to rectify or complete your personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous or out of date.
Your right to erase your data
You can ask us to delete your personal data if one of the following reasons applies:
- the personal data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw your consent;
- you object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate grounds;
- the processing of personal data does not comply with applicable laws and regulations.
However, the exercise of this right will not be possible when the retention of your personal data is required by law or regulation and in particular, for example, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Your right to limit data processing
You may request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in the cases provided for by legislation and regulations.
Your right to object to data processing
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you where the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the data controller.
Your right to data portability
Since May 25, 2018, you will have the right to portability of your personal data.
The data on which this right can be exercised are:
- only your personal data, which excludes anonymized personal data or data that does not concern you;
- declarative personal data and the personal operating data mentioned above;
- personal data that does not infringe the rights and freedoms of third parties, such as those protected by business secrecy.
This right is limited to processing based on consent or on a contract and to personal data that you have personally generated.
This right does not include derived or inferred data, which are personal data created by G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme .
Your right to withdraw your consent
Where the data processing we carry out is based on your consent, you may withdraw it at any time. We will then cease to process your personal data, without affecting any previous operations for which you have given your consent.
Your right to appeal
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL in France, without prejudice to any other administrative or legal remedy.
Your right to define post-mortem directives
You have the possibility of defining directives concerning the conservation, deletion and communication of your personal data after your death, with a trusted, certified third party responsible for ensuring that the wishes of the deceased are respected in accordance with the requirements of the applicable legal framework.
How to exercise your rights
All the rights listed above may be exercised:
- by post to the following address BP 65, 98716 Papeete – Tahiti, French Polynesia, enclosing a copy of your identity card and proof of address;
- via our e-mail address [email protected]. A procedure will then be sent to you to validate your identity.
Note: documents sent as part of this procedure will be purely destroyed, and any data potentially collected during the procedure will be permanently deleted at the end.
Please also note that all requests not complying with these guidelines will be ignored.
We undertake to respond to such requests within 1 month of receipt. This period may be extended by 2 months depending on the complexity and number of requests received, for a total of 3 months.
If you have an account, you can exercise your rights of access and rectification by logging into your account.
However, with regard to exercising the right to information, we may not be obliged to respond if :
- you already have this information;
- the recording or communication of your personal data is expressly provided for by law;
- the provision of information proves impossible;
- providing information would require disproportionate effort.
Article 10 – Security and data recipients
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme takes care to protect and secure the Personal Data that You have chosen to communicate to it, in order to ensure their confidentiality and prevent them from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme has taken physical, electronic and organizational protective measures to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access or distribution, alteration or possible destruction of this Personal Data. Among these protective measures, G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme integrates technologies specially designed to protect Personal Data during transfer. However, despite G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme’s efforts to protect Your Personal Data, G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme cannot guarantee the infallibility of this protection due to unavoidable risks that may arise during the transmission of Personal Data.
As all Personal Data is confidential, access to it is limited to G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme employees and service providers who need it to carry out their duties. All persons having access to Your Personal Data are bound by an obligation of confidentiality and may be subject to disciplinary measures and/or other sanctions if they fail to comply with these obligations.
However, it is important that You exercise caution to prevent unauthorized access to Your Personal Data. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and account information. Consequently, You must ensure that You close Your session in the event of shared use of the same computer or terminal.
Article 11 – Dispute resolution
Although G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme has taken reasonable measures to protect Personal Data, no transmission or storage technology is totally infallible.
However, G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme is committed to ensuring the protection of Personal Data. If You have reason to believe that the security of Your Personal Data has been compromised or that it has been misused, You are invited to contact G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme at the following address: [email protected].
G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme will investigate complaints regarding the use and disclosure of Personal Data and will attempt to resolve them in accordance with the principles set forth in this Policy.
Unauthorized access to or misuse of Personal Data may constitute an offence under local law.
Article 12 – Contact
If You have any questions about this Policy, if You wish to stop receiving information from G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme or if You wish to rectify, supplement, update or delete Your Personal Data, You can send an e-mail to the following address: [email protected].
Article 13 – Effective date and revisions to the personal data pro
This Policy may be updated according to G.I.E. Tahiti Tourisme’s needs and circumstances or if required by law. We therefore invite you to regularly check for updates.
Last modification : 03/10/2023