2 days to discover
Relaxing in Papeete
- Arrival at Tahiti-Faa’a International Airport, collect rental car.
- Check in at vacation rental accommodation in Mahina or Punaauia, with beach access and lagoon view.
- Have lunch on the black sand beach at Venus Point on the east coast. Poisson cru followed by a relaxing afternoon on the beach.
- In the late afternoon, go to Paofai Park in Papeete for a fruit cocktail while you watch the sunset.
- Then stroll down to the quayside in Papeete for dinner on the terracce of a seafront restaurant.
3 days on the sublime island of
- Catch one hour flight to Rangiroa from Tahiti-Faa’a Airport .
- Check in to your Tahitian Guesthouse, half-board accommodation.
- Visit the main village of Avatoru, by bike or electric scooter.
- On the way, stop at the Cave de Rangiroa to taste the local wine from the only vineyard in French Polynesia.
- Go to Tiputa in the late afternoon to watch the dolphins playing in the pass and enjoy the glorious sunset.
Diving or motu picnic
- If you’re a diving enthusiast, spend the day exploring the lagoon with two dives, one in the morning, the other in the afternoon.
- If you’re not a diver, take an excursion to the Lagon Bleu with its picture postcard scenery with vast stretches of white sandy beach and a crystal clear turquoise lagoon. Visit Bird Island and then have a picnic on a motu before an afternoon of sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling in this idyllic setting.
- Take an excursion to the ‘île aux récifs’, a motu on the reef about an hour by boat from the main village. The coral reef stands out about 6 feet high in places and there is a small fishing community where you’ll be given lunch and lessons in basket weaving as you watch the dolphins playing in the pass.
3 days in
Day 1, 2 & 3
Beach and diving
- Catch 20 minute flight to Tikehau
- Check in to your Tahitian Guesthouse or the island’s only hotel.
- Take a stroll around the village and then go down to the beach for a swim.
- Go scuba diving in one of the island’s superb dive sites, such as Tuheiava pass. The diversity and quantity of marine life is truly amazing.
- Take an excursion to a motu with a beach of beautiful pink sand. A magical setting, perfect for your Instagram photos.
2 days on the sister island
Lagoon and foodtrucks
- Take a boat trip on the lagoon. Go swimming with manta rays and have a picnic lunch on a motu.
- Take the ferry back to Tahiti at the end of the afternoon. Have an early dinner at one of the foodtrucks in Vaipoopo or Taapuna Park.
- Check-in at Tahiti-Faa’a International Airport for your flight home.
Plan the trip of your dreams
3 good reasons to book a travel agent
Certified Tahiti Specialist
has in-depth knowledge of the destination, enabling us to offer you unique activities and experiences.
Your customized agent
to suit your preferences and budget.
Your agent assists you
throughout your stay to make every moment of your trip a memorable one.